I am a subscriber of International PHP Magazine for years. I bought the subscription looking at the back issues. They were sexy, resourceful and yup, very good. But I think these guys don’t care about the magazine anymore. It became just a funny stuff for them. All the readers/subscribers and viewers doesn’t bring any value to them. Look what they are doing actually
1. one of their issue recently delivered “Riding the Rails”. Huh! I thought I got a wrong issue on my hand and I was wondering how they did it.
2. Their website now shows some peculiar ads like the one below at the top-right corner
“PHPInfo – Coming in -2 Days”
and if you click over that thing, it says “PHPInfo is coming in -1 day”
3. At the middle left section, just below the navigation you find some peculiar ads where alignments got broken, contents are over flooded and they induce you to buy some gadgets!
4. The featured article section contains the”PHP CLI Unveiled!” which has not been updated for years.
5. The book club section offers you to buy “PHP Web Development with Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004″ for more than a year.
6. The magazine is now a 32-34 page skinny one compared to the old 50+
I remember Davey Shafik wrote an article “Where fore art thou International PHP Magazine?” couple of months ago focusing these things. But the change never came.
If you cant run a service properly, why dont u shut it down?